M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Saturday, February 11, 2006  

The First Sixteen Months

M. Small turns one-and-one-third tomorrow, which isn't all that round a number, but since Trash has taken the time to set up my Flickr account and post a bunch of photos, this is probably as good a time as any for a visual retrospective. Also, it's easier than writing.

Let's begin at the beginning, shall we?



Here he is the morning we met him. I hope he wasn't too self-conscious about the fact that he hadn't done anything with his hair. Literally, ever.



The first week home from the hospital. This photo's on our fridge and it always fills me with nostalgia. You won't see a moment like this again. Now he refuses to wear hats.



Look how small he still was, just a few days before his one-month birthday. You can't really get a sense of scale from this, but maybe it'll help if I tell you that pillow is the size of a bagel.



I think that right around here is where he decided, Screw this, being this small sucks.



The day after his first Christmas. Just wait till next year.



He lifted his head for the first time on the day after my birthday. Sometimes I still don't know how he does it.



"Here we come to save the daaaaay!"



The Intellitainer® months: the beginning.



Sitting up for the first time at five months. He was probably trying to impress that handsome boy in the mirror.



It's not that he hadn't smiled for the camera before this; it's just that our digital camera's several years old, and in the delay between when we pressed the button and then the picture actually snaps, he tends to grow up and move out.



Turtle thinks she's M. Small's cat. We have no idea where she got that impression.



Strat, however, is under no such illusion.



Trying to teach him to drink from a cup last May. I can't believe we were ever this uptight.



With Trash at his first professional photo shoot, which was a gift from my sisters.



How excited we were for him to start walking on his own. How stupid that was of us.



At eleven months. Dad, how am I supposed to fall and trepan myself when you have this little cushion on the corner?"



Finally, I've moved up to a bigger laundry basket. Also note Turtle in the background, attempting to levitate him with her mind.



Technically not his first Halloween, but that's how we're counting it since he could have fit into his trick-or-treat bucket the previous year. And yes, he hated having the helmet put on.



Jeez, do I have to do everything around here?



At the photo shoot for our 2005 Christmas card. Are you sure this isn't too Anne Geddes?



One month ago today. Too bad he hates the camera so much.



Baby's first self-portrait. We really need to teach him to concentrate on more than one thing at once.



Taken last week. Can you believe how tall he's gotten? Okay, he's standing on something, but still.

Thanks for indulging me. I'll try to post more pictures in another sixteen months.

posted by M. Giant 11:09 AM 6 comments

6 Comments:

If I only knew what the HTML tag is for a big loud "AWWWW"...

Seriously. M. Tiny? M. Cute.

By Blogger jo-hanna, at February 11, 2006 at 9:29 PM  

Ohhh, goodness. Wanna squish him. With glee.

By Blogger Aarika, at February 11, 2006 at 10:26 PM  

That was great! It's fascinating to see them grow up and change - so much happens in such an incredibly short time. You have a lovely family.

By Blogger Anonymous Me, at February 12, 2006 at 8:54 AM  

Heh, the Intellitrainer pic makes it look like he's got two big plastic globules attached to that hat he's got on.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 13, 2006 at 6:53 AM  

Ahhh, I think I am in love. What a beautiful little boy. I love the picture from 1 month ago, with the Christmas lights in the background and the scratch on his nose. He has amazing eyes.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 13, 2006 at 8:11 AM  

From one adoptive parent to another, Seriously how cute is your boy? It's so great to see how M.Small has grown. It seems to me that we've had our boys about the same amount of time, it's just the most fabulous thing my hubby and I have ever done, and we've just signed up to do it again!!!! Congratulations!
PS. I found your blog a few months ago and decided I was brave enough now to say hello. Hello!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 17, 2006 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives