M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Saturday, January 29, 2011  

Busy Busy Busy!

So for the first time in my life, I can claim to be a mild-mannered newspaper reporter by day and a rock star by night. Although to be honest, I'm also pretty mild-mannered as rock stars go. And I'm not so much a "rock star" per se as "a guy in a band that's playing a gig soon." And also the "newspaper reporter" thing would be more accurately described as "columnist for an online news outlet." And furthermore the rock star thing is more by early evening than by night...I'll come in again.

OKay, so I'm playing bass guitar in a band that's currently called Who The, which despite its name is not a The Who tribute band. We're playing tomorrow (Sunday) at a fund raiser at the Hard Rock Cafe in Downtown Minneapolis. We're part of a whole festival of bands and blues jams that's going from 4:30 to 8:00, and we're scheduled to go on at 6:05. That's give or take, of course. You know how musicians are.

Also, I've got a new column on the Southwest Minneapolis page of Patch. If you're not aware of the Patch thing, it's basically a hyper-local news site that focuses on neighborhoods instead of cities or metro areas. My column is called "The Southwest Dad" and is about being a parent in this part of town. The title may make it sound like it's in reference to the Southwest United States, but it's actually Southwest Minneapolis. Which is kind of a shame because it means I don't get to use my idea for a logo of a Kokopelli wearing a cardigan.

So those are my two new gigs as of this weekend. Which is why this is a very short entry.

posted by M. Giant 9:13 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives