M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Wednesday, September 30, 2009  

Bet Red

I want to show you a picture I took earlier that has nothing to do with home repair. It's more like world repair.



That's M. Edium and Trash earlier this evening, picking out which projects he wanted us to fund from Sarah's Donors Choose contest, which started less than an hour ago. Now if that doesn't just warm your cockles, one might accuse you of being cockle-impaired.

Sarah does this annually, and I contribute what support I can from my own meager efforts. But now that M. Edium is old enough to pick out his own projects, it's like our funding power has increased by fifty percent! Even if one of us does have to get by on a pitifully small allowance from his parents.

The thing is, with $210,000 as this year's goal, people will need to kick in more, or more people will need to kick in, or both. But with over 600 projects to choose one, if you can't find one to get behind you're just not trying.

So go, and give! And in addition to the straight-up donations Trash and I are making, we're also contributing all of October's ad revenue from the site. I mean, it's not Dooce money, but every little bit helps. And the more you visit the site this month, that bit gets less little as my ad view numbers go up. But don't overclick on the ads -- they don't like that. Just read them out loud to someone so they know you're paying attention.

Oh, and if you try to donate and find the servers crashed, don't worry. That happens sometimes. It always comes back.

posted by M. Giant 9:38 PM 5 comments

5 Comments:

At breakfast this morning, as soon as M. Edium was actually awake, he asked "When are we going to help out the students on the computer?" When he discovered that we had started without him, he was NOT. PLEASED. Needless to say we had to donate again this morning, so he could pick a project about books.

By Anonymous Trash, at October 1, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

I might sound like a stalker, but I would llke to see what projects M. Edium picks. Maybe it would inspire your readers to donate to a specific project.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 1, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

I saw a "why I donate" note or two from M. Giant and M. Edium whilst scrolling through the Tomato Nation options. So I say read through 'em all!

By Anonymous Megan, at October 1, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

Thanks for the heads up on the contest - Sometimes I need that reminder that it's time to browse the Donors Choose site again.

By Blogger Unknown, at October 2, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

I keep seeing M. Giant and M. Edium too, but where is the Trash love? Or is she giving through a separate account? I too would love a list of M. Edium's favorite picks. I would throw some money at one in his name.

By Anonymous Erin, at October 2, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives