M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Sunday, August 23, 2009  

I Want to Believe

There's something I've been wondering about lately. With the advent of cameraphones, there are more people walking around prepared to take photographs and videos on the spot than ever before. And the Internet allows those photographs and videos to be disseminated widely, and quickly. All of which raises an obvious question: why isn't there more proof of the existence of flying saucers?

I was a lot more into this in the nineties. I dragged Trash to Roswell, read the book about it on the plane home from Albuquerque, and talked like a semi-serious true believer. Once I even met Glenn Dennis, although that was more by accident than anything else.

But eventually I lost interest in it, even to annoy Trash. The timing coincided with when The X-Files got stupid, I suspect.

But now, the majority of the populace is equipped to record incontrovertible proof of alien visitors at any given time. Why haven't they (assuming, of course, that they're not all like me and do a shitty job of keeping their phones cleaned out so if something happens they need to record they can record it instead of getting stuck looking at that maddening "No Memory" icon). What gives?

And yes, I know I can find lots of examples on Flickr or YouTube, but all of those are followed by not discussions of what it all means in a geopolitical, strategic, or even philosophical sense, but how and why they're faked. The real thing should have shown up on the evening news by now. Not that I watch the evening news, but I'm sure The Daily Show would cover it, too.

But it hasn't happened, and it can only mean one thing. I suppose it's time to give up and accept the truth. I am nearly forty, after all. I have a kid. I need to be a responsible person, not turn into some old crank who goes off chasing aliens based on some wild theory. And even if I weren't, it all points to one inescapable conclusion.

The aliens have technology to help them sense and avoid all types of cameras. Wily fuckers.

posted by M. Giant 7:57 PM 1 comments

1 Comments:

Followed you over from Twitter.

Don't stop believing yet! I am not a true believer but find it difficult to accept that we are the only life forms on this planet. In fact, my husband does the strangest things that I am convinced he is an alien.

I'll be sure to keep my iPhone at the ready next time he reveals his true nature. Don't get me wrong, I adore him...he's just not like the others.

By Blogger Aspen Real Life, at August 23, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives