M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Thursday, August 27, 2009  

Heads Up

Oh, hey, I owe you an apology. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned we were having some new water damage on our main-floor bathroom ceiling, but I never got around to taking or posting a picture. I'ma take care of that now.

Just to bring you up to speed, here's what it looked like this past winter, after I scraped away everything that was loose enough to come off with a putty knife:

Unclean, unclean!

And here's what it looked like after I had put on a few coats of drywall compound to try to patch it up:

Let the healing begin

And here's what it looked like as of about seven o'clock tonight:

Is it still kicking to the curb if I carried it there?

And just for comparison, here's a photo from a similar angle to the first one:

Yes, I know this looks better. Shut up.

It's a long story, and I promise I'll tell you the whole thing (if only to give myself a week or two off of having to come up with new post topics), but this week I learned another great thing about telecommuting: if you want to work a few hours at night and then put on a mask and goggles and gloves and permanently fuck some shit up in the middle of the next business day, nobody really seems to mind. You think I could have gotten away with this at the office? Just the amount of sweating I did alone would have gotten me written up.

Stay tuned. Lots of time doing manual labor means lots of writing in my head, you know.

posted by M. Giant 8:41 PM 1 comments

1 Comments:

If you need someone to run camera while you're doing all of this work, I'll be glad to whip up some girly drinks and head over. This looks like fun. I'll bet there's lots of swearing as well!

By Blogger Chao, at August 28, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives