M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Wednesday, July 08, 2009  

I know I don't get into politics on this blog, but I just can't stop thinking about the soon-to-be-ex-governor. Have you ever thought about what it must be like to be a resident of an oft-dismissed northern state, suddenly thrust into the national limelight as a result of abruptly having a famous governor? But then that governor turns out to be a controversy magnet who professes hatred for the very media that made that governor a star. As adulation gives way to jokes from late-night talk-show hosts, suddenly a cocky, self-assured outsider becomes a thin-skinned self-pity case, pointing the finger at everyone else for all the problems the statehouse now has to deal with. Ball taken, home gone to. Nothing left but a few increasingly desperate media appearances, which the media enables because it's even more desperate, and the last time you hear about your ex-governor, years later, it's in a story about not running for president. But enough about Jesse Ventura.

posted by M. Giant 7:34 PM 6 comments

6 Comments:

Zing!

By Blogger Jackie, at July 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

two thumbs up.

By Blogger stacey, at July 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

ha ha ha. Nice M. Night twist at the end there. Are you two related?

By Blogger supertoy, at July 9, 2009 at 3:20 AM  

Uh. I thought you were referring to Illinois...

By Anonymous Cora, at July 9, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

I'm not too proud to sound like an idiot - I'm confused.

I assumed it was Jesse, then I thought - "wait, did this happen to Pawlenty?" Followed by - does he mean the guv of my current state, CA? Finally - was Norm Coleman ever governor?

So, seriously - if not Jesse, to whom is it referring? I am clueless.

- JeniMull

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM  

I thought he meant Ms Palin, which made it pretty funny. The hair king of Chicago would also work.

By Anonymous Erin Y, at July 12, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives