M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Monday, January 19, 2009  

Photo 2008

This is a little late, obviously, since it's been over a month since we met the photographer at Bachman's for the annual Christmas photo shoot. This makes four years in a row that we've stuffed him in a red sweater and hauled him to the Newark of Minneapolis so Trash can have photos of him to stick in our Christmas cards. The big change this year is that he's old enough to be willing to smile on command:

What? I AM smiling.

Which is why a lot of people got this picture instead:

I smiled, but I wasn't happy about it.

Even when sitting next to the big guy he had a little trouble keeping it real:

Why doesn't he remember all the stuff I told him I wanted last week, at the other store?

And then there was this:

Christmas is so close I can taste it.

Of course, he's always happier when someone else is in the picture with him:

Lots of 'foreign contaminant' in a garden store, MO.

Threatening to dunk him in the fountain didn't help:

Make a wish, daddy!

And we had limited success squeezing him until dimples spontaneously appeared:

I'm going to ask Santa for the feeling back in my legs.

But sometimes you catch lightning in a bottle, which is why we keep hiring the same photographer every year:

Nobody's taking my picture right now, right?

A much bigger disappointment was the fact that they've redecorated Santa's Workshop and turned it into Santa's House instead. So the big red-and-yellow lollipops we had him photographed with every year are gone. How are we going to know if he's grown?

2005

2006

2007

I guess we'll just have to find this ornament again next year.

Believe it or not, the ornament actually survived this encounter.

posted by M. Giant 1:17 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

He looks so big!! It is a shame about the lollipops, because it's pretty impressive how they kept shortening the size of the stick every year...

By Blogger dancing_lemur, at January 19, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

You should have sent out his prison/passport photo. But only to people you don't want to hear from ever again...

By Blogger Chao, at January 20, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

The "lightning in a bottle" photo is gorgeous indeed, but I have to say, when I got the black-and-white above it in my Christmas card, I also adored and loved it, partly because it is the most perfectly radiant and personality-capturing photo of Trash that I have ever seen or ever will see. Seriously, if you don't know Trash and you wonder what Trash is like? Trash is like that.

By Blogger Linda, at January 20, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives