M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Tuesday, November 04, 2008  

Work With Me

What the -- what are you doing?

Why are you reading this? Don't you have stuff you need to be doing? Stuff like…VOTING?

Go do that. I'll wait. In fact, if you want to check back in on your iPhone while you're waiting in line, I'll be right here. Call 866-OUR VOTE if anyone at the polls tries to fuck with you.

* * *

Thanks. So, I thought I'd plug a book besides my own for once, because I'm sure you're all sick to death of hearing me faff on about A TV Guide to Life by now.

So check this out.

You may not recognize the names of either of the authors listed on the cover, but you do know one of them as Trash.

She's been trying to downplay it all year, like it's not as big a deal as my book. I maintain that getting a book published like I did is what writers are supposed to do, whereas the fact that she is not one and got published anyway is quite as impressive.

She brought home some extra copies last week, and they're on the bookcase next to the "potato book," as M. Edium still calls my book. He hasn't come up with a snappy nickname for mom's book yet. It's still just "mom's book." As opposed to "dad's book."

It's kind of awesome that our kid's going to grow up assuming that it's perfectly normal to have two parents who have published books. Then one day he'll get old enough to realize that it's kind of special, and he'll hold it over other kids' heads until the day he meets Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman's kids and they give him a little perspective. Or the Jolie/Pitt kids, with whom he can at least exchange adoption stories as well.

* * *

You did vote, right? Okay, good. I see your sticker. Thanks.

posted by M. Giant 5:24 AM 11 comments

11 Comments:

When is the book signing?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 4, 2008 at 7:11 AM  

Hey, some of us live in states with early voting and did it two weeks ago, okay?? Where is Febrifuge? He can back me up on this!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 4, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Hell yes, I voted.

And Congrats to Trash! What a great family.

- JeniMull

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 4, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

Wow. Thats a very smart book...congratulations!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 4, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

Yay for academic publishing!!!

By Blogger NGS, at November 4, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Congrats, Trash - hopefully your son will come up with a snappy sobriquet for you book some time soon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 5, 2008 at 5:32 AM  

It looks like a TAR flag book to me. Congrats, Trash.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 6, 2008 at 5:47 AM  

Congratulations, Trash! That's wonderful!

By Blogger Anonymous Me, at November 8, 2008 at 6:35 AM  

!!!!

I was cut off from the Internets... well, from Blogger anyhow. When you're a guest of a hospital campus whose network equates "*.blogspot.com" with Teh Pr0n, blogs may as well not exist.

So, yep, I voted -- and hey wow holy crap! That's awesome news. Looks like a good book too (which is always nice for us, the supportive friends).

By Blogger Febrifuge, at November 9, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

It _is_ cool that he'll grow up with two writer parents. Now if only Trash would start blogging! Congrats to her on the book!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 9, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

I'm form the UK so I couldn't vote but I really, really wanted to. Congrats on the book(s) and the election :)

By Blogger LB, at November 18, 2008 at 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives