M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Saturday, October 18, 2008  

It's an M. Edium World After All

Last weekend, we took M. Edium to a place you may or may not have heard of:

South Dakota's World Famous Reptile Gardens!

The first thing we did was go into a little house that kids could pretend to escape from because it was on fire.

Stop, drop, and roll. Or, just stand there.

When I used to dream about going to Disney World as a kid, this wasn't how I pictured it.

He did get to do one of his favorite things in the world, there, however:

One day you'll be able to use these skills to forge backstage passes!

Coloring. Outside the Finding Nemo ride is a little table where kids could color badges for themselves. All the stools were filled, so M. Edium got to go behind the scenes, as it were.

Are you worried that he might forget the stuffed Space Shuttle he picked up at Kennedy Space Center the day before? Because he will. Fortunately, when I run back to look for it, it's still there, on the table behind the "cast member," next to those small sunglasses. I don't know what became of the sunglasses.

On day two, we went to the Magic Kingdom and got to catch the parade. M. Edium finally saw Beast in person.

Behold my glory!

Unfortunately, whatever it is about him that prevents him from going out in the rain apparently also blinds cameras that try to photograph him. Elusive fellow for someone who's so public. Also, a hairy fellow for someone who turned into Shaun Cassidy at the end of the movie.

Hey, you know how in old Disney movies, the animals and little creatures come up to you and act adorable? Apparently the animals and little creatures at Disney World have to watch those movies as training films.

Don't get me started on that prick Donald.

It's not the duck's fault he wasn't looking directly into my camera lens when I took this shot. I lug around a one-thousand kilopixel HP digital that was state-of-the-art in 2000. "Who are you going to beat to death with that?" asked my sister DeBitch the Younger as she twirled her own camera between her fingers like a credit card. Unfortunately, my shutter has about a two-second delay, so instead of getting a picture of a mallard smiling up at me I got a picture of him offering to tie my shoe.

That should be it for the vacation photos. Until I run out of ideas again, or upload the ones from the last day. Whichever comes first.

posted by M. Giant 9:39 PM 2 comments

2 Comments:

Next time M. Edium wants to go to Disney World, let him know I will totally, totally take him.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 18, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

Have you no sisters? It was Robby Benson, not Shaun Cassidy -- you're half a generation off your teen idols.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 24, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives