M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Thursday, October 09, 2008  

Florida, Day 1

M. Edium is becoming quite the seasoned traveler. Today he woke up before five, wheeled his own luggage through the airport terminal, took a two-and-a-half hour plane ride, switched planes with us in Atlanta, took another plane ride with us, and then waited with us for the dilatory airport shuttle to pick us up for the better part of an hour. And didn't have one single meltdown. Trash and I only had a few each, I'm glad to say.

We had some good moments, though. On final approach into Hartsfield Airport, we could see the early start kind of catching up with him, as his eyes started to glaze over. I told him, "Of all the possible times for you to fall asleep today, this would be absolutely the worst. So he woke up. And then insisted that he had to poop immediately. So I had to shepherd him uphill to the back of the plane, wondering exactly how long I had in there wit him and his uncooperative bowels before I become a news headline. Luckily it didn't come to that.

But I ended up being glad we didn't make him wait, because I didn't realize the state of ground traffic there. I've been on interstate road trips that took less time than the taxi from the runaway to the gate.

I have to admit that I was a little sad that we weren't changing planes where M. Edium thought we were, which was in Atlantis. I would have been really curious to see how that worked.

And then on the way to the hotel, we saw the first cool thing in Florida this trip: a parked B-52. Which almost made up for how long we had to wait for him to show up.

posted by M. Giant 7:57 PM 1 comments

1 Comments:

Do you have as much trouble as I do getting through an airport while trying to keep the theme from "The Amazing Race" out of your head? And do you find yourself thinking of everything as a task - "A Detour is a choice between two tasks. In 'Change it,' teams must get a struggling child into a clean diaper...'

By Blogger livingjetlag, at October 9, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives