M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Sunday, October 26, 2008  

Costume Party

We finally finished M. Edium's Halloween costume on Thursday, moments before we went across the street for the party at the high school. It was too crowded for him to wear it there for very long, but fortunately we were able to take it for a longer shakedown cruise on Saturday morning, when a bunch of local merchants sponsor a little trick-or-treating for the neighborhood kids.

WALL-E

Is that fake rust/dirt on his face under the mask, or is it the remains of Thursday night's dinner? I'm not saying.

My favorite part of this costume is that it's all made of stuff we had lying around, except for one of the robot arms. We didn't even have to get him one of those little plastic pumpkins to carry his loot in; we had something handy.



As for my own Halloween costume for the party we went to last night (theme: people in the news), I used stuff that I already had; I just combined them in ways that I ordinarily wouldn't have. Trash was the one who had to wear something "new" as her costume. As did Chao and Gerd:

The Big Love recapper and his wives

Not to worry, though; Trash's belly-pad was made of one of M. Edium's pillows, and Chao used the boobs he already had, so it wasn't a major investment. Except the investment in time required to construct those pompadours, which was not insignificant. Fortunately someone has put a helpful video on YouTube to provide assistance to other members of the tonsorially faithful.

M. Edium will get two more chances to show off his costume: the costume parade at school on Thursday, and the neighborhood route on Friday night. Considering that we got a bit of snow flurries earlier today, I'm glad of one other feature of his costume: the fact that he can bundle up underneath it to a ridiculous degree. I may even go so far as to stuff blankets in there with him.

posted by M. Giant 3:27 PM 8 comments

8 Comments:

+1 for idea

+1 for only one adam's apple among your brides

+1 for trash's dress

-1 for marrying the town's spinsters. flds go YOUNG!

still very funny tho.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 26, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

Ha! Before I saw the others in this photo, I thought you were going as John Hodgman.

The facial expressions are brilliant.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 27, 2008 at 6:00 AM  

So, the one on the far right is really a male, right? If not, I am so very sorry.

I am ashamed to say it but Trash looks sort of cute, if angry.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 27, 2008 at 6:13 AM  

M Edium carried his candy in a cooler? That's not even cute. That's like cute multiplied by genius.

By Blogger Jen, at October 27, 2008 at 8:09 AM  

@erinynot -- yes, Chao (far right) is a dude, but he does own his own boobs.

By Blogger M. Giant, at October 27, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

So has anyone spontaneously combusted from the cuteness of your little robot and his cooler? That seems like the kind of thing you should give the neighborhood advance warning about before trick-or-treating time comes.

By Blogger Unknown, at October 27, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

oh man, i love this blog. this just made me so happy. and you guys with your dour expressions- hilaaarious!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 27, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

Love your Amazing Race recaps. Also your boy's Halloween costume is amazing. It makes me feel guilty that I only bought my daughter a witches outfit.

But Halloween is not as big here in Australia.

By Blogger Reality Raver, at October 27, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives