M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Tuesday, August 05, 2008  

Triple Pimp

Let me just put on my purple suit and my fishnets, because I'm going to be pimping myself now, a lot. Onetwothreepimp!

One: That's me in the book section of the Boston Globe. The writer said a lot of nice things, up to and including referring to me as a "TV critic," which is rather generous. Well, column inches are at a premium, and it's not like I'm a "full-time professional wise-ass" anyway. Yet.

Two: I'm hitting the Twin Cities airwaves again, probably next Tuesday on Twin Cities Live. It's on channel 5 at 3:00 p.m., I think. And I'm getting the sense that I'll be on reasonably early in the show. Clearly I've got all the details locked down, right? More later.

Funny thing is that when I started telecommuting, I decided that I'd only shave on days when I had to be on camera or make an appearance somewhere. I'm blaming my piss-poor beard on that.

Three: I went upstairs the other night to find Trash signing me up for this thing called a Twitter account. She told me that I'd just have to post there 2-4 times a day . "Oh, no, is this another thing I'm going to have to write for?" I whined. But she knew just the right thing to say to get my buy-in:

"Just post whenever you have a stupid thought," she said.

"Oh, okay." I said. "I have stupid thoughts all day long."

And so I do, as those who follow me have learned. It's kind of fun not to have to wonder if I need to pad out every throwaway gag that goes through my head into a full-blown entry or just let it go to waste. And I don't need to wonder which is worse.

Now I just need Trash to figure out how to set up my Twitter widget or whatever on this blog and then, you know, do it for me. In the meantime, you can find me over there as "mgiant" appropriately enough. Find out if I'm bluffing about stupid thoughts or not.

posted by M. Giant 8:14 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

This is such an exciting time for you. I think I speak for all your anonymous internet readers when I say, GO M.GIANT!! (That's not "Go M" since that would be way to close to the University of Michigan fan-speak and I am a proud graduate and fan of another Michigan-based Big 10 school).

Anyway, it's fun to live vicariously through your stories of being successful big time writer. Thank you for sharing.

(P.S. Love the book!!)

By Blogger Bunny, at August 8, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

Congratulations on your FANTASTIC press tour!

You can find a nice little wizard to create your twitter widget here:

http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/04/add-customized-twitter-widget-to-your.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 8, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

Word, Bunny. Great minds and all that. Sparty on.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 11, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives