M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Tuesday, July 08, 2008  

Plugging Away

I have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of local press I'm ending up doing for this book. It's more than I expected. Of course, a year ago I expected roughly zero, but even so the schedule has turned out to be many times that amount.

Last week I talked to someone from the City Pages and someone from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, or the S. T. Triple-P as I like to annoy people by calling it. Today it was the StarTribune (though not Lileks, whose geographic stomping grounds overlap mine so closely I'm surprised one of us hasn't actually stomped the other yet). It's almost like a press junket, except I don't have to leave the house. At least not until next week, when I go on TV. More on that in a few days.

But anyway, here's the S.T. Triple-P piece. I'm working on resolving myself to the fact that my favorite shows, Buffy and Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who, are going to make me come off like a giant SF geek in interviews. I'm just going to have to remember to counteract it once in a while with references to more macho fare like 24 and Dirtiest, Deadliest, Ice Road Wilderness or whatever.

I just went to Walgreen's to pick up a couple copies of the dead-tree edition and the cashier said, "Someone you know must be in here." I copped to it, of course. I don't know if I succeeded in selling her a book, but I gave it a shot. Every little bit helps.

And of course, don't forget the book signing, coming up this Thursday at the Har Mar Barnes & Noble. Feel free to come up and say hi. I'll be the guy trying to think of macho TV shows I like.

posted by M. Giant 6:47 PM 8 comments

8 Comments:

I just ordered my copy today! I'm looking forward to reading it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 8, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Help! The link to the S.T. Triple P piece doesn't work, and I don't think it is just because my Firefox has been evil lately........

By Blogger Heather, at July 9, 2008 at 6:48 AM  

Try this link:

http://www.twincities.com/ci_9810689

By Blogger Linda, at July 9, 2008 at 6:57 AM  

Link's fixed. Thanks, Heather!

By Blogger M. Giant, at July 9, 2008 at 6:57 AM  

Just got the book and I love it. Not to be all fan-guy, but you are a very funny man, sir.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 9, 2008 at 8:31 AM  

I think you mean resigning yourself, not resolving yourself. Regardless, love your blog!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2008 at 5:42 AM  

Have recently taken to reading your blog. Who knew Minneapolis was such a funny place? Love your stuff. Understand you'll be at the Barnes and Noble at Har Mar tonight. I'll be there!

By Blogger Pearl, at July 10, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

Thought of M.Edium when I saw this yesterday on space.com. Figured he would enjoy it; I did!

http://www.space.com/php/video/player.php?video_id=080626-constellation-rock

By Blogger Deanna, at July 10, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives