M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Tuesday, July 01, 2008  

Drop Date

Yesterday the FedEx guy dropped this off:



When M. Edium got home from school, he saw the box and asked me, "Why do we have so many potato books?" That's what he calls it, is the Potato Book. Barnes & Noble sales associates, take note.

I explained that the publisher sends authors extra copies of their books so they can give them to people they love and care about, and then I presented him with his very own copy, because of course I love him and care about him and wanted us both to always remember this special moment.

He flipped through it, looking for pictures, and then handed it back, saying, "I don't know how to read, Dad."

That's what family's all about. They help you make it, and then keep you humble when you do.

So, yeah, the physical artifact is in stores now, so you don't need to pre-order any more. I might visit some and sign them later this week. Feel free to do the same, but don't let anyone catch you.

Also, check out the nice plug at Television Without Pity. Totally unbiased, of course.

posted by M. Giant 9:37 AM 12 comments

12 Comments:

I got my copy in the mail yesterday - so excited to read it by the lake this weekend!

By Blogger Williams Family, at July 1, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Doing my best to contribute to M. Edium's college fund -- I just ordered my copy and look forward to reading it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 1, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

There's probably no shot of a book tour stop in western NY, now is there?

Humph. We never get any cool authors upstate. We rarely get the uncool ones, even. The upstate reading public is utterly neglected by the publishing houses, sigh.

Hoping that the Potato Book flies off the shelves!

By Blogger Heather, at July 1, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

I just found out that they delivered my copies to my old address. So presumably, they are going to be enjoyed by the junk guys who scavenge our street. Jerky stupid Post Office.

By Blogger Linda, at July 1, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

I got my copy yesterday! I'm only about 100 pages in so far; but I love it. You write really well (which, obviously, I already knew since I've read Velcrometer and TWoP for so long!).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 2, 2008 at 5:46 AM  

I jsut ordered my copy from Amazon.ca, so it should be sent to me by July 8th, hope you get a lot of Canadian sales! Look forward to reading it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 2, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

I got through half of it last night and I've been sneaking reads of it at my desk all morning--it's awesome. Congratulations!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 2, 2008 at 8:33 AM  

Yippee! My potato book just came today! I'm hiding it from myself so I don't start reading it when I should be reading Velcr- I mean, working.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 2, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

I love it! I am about 2/3rds the way through it, and it's very funny. I wish you were doing a reading in Ohio because I would request the part about SATC because we say the same thing around here. ***Spoiler alert*** No way would those people be friends.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 2, 2008 at 9:17 AM  

We got our "official" copy today! W00t!

By Blogger Teslagrl, at July 2, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

Got mine over in England - excellent read!

By Blogger Littlepippin76, at July 3, 2008 at 3:17 AM  

You know, the one I bought at Borders is ALSO awesome. This is uncanny.

Congratulations! Proud to know you, as always.

By Blogger Linda, at July 7, 2008 at 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives