M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Thursday, June 19, 2008  

Announcements

So the real-live book release date is coming up, and I've got a signing scheduled about a week and a half later. In case you haven't already gotten the mass e-mail I sent, the signing is at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 10 at the Barnes & Noble in Har Mar Mall in Roseville, Minnesota.

(Yes, that's the same Har Mar Mall immortalized by the band Har Mar Superstar and at least a couple of Pop Culture Junk Mail posts).

I've only been to that particular store a couple of times, but I'm suddenly curious to see how many people it can hold. Aren't you? You should come and find out.

* * *

M. Small is just about done being called "little" in any sense. My go-to nickname for him, "little dude," my lullaby called "Daddy's Little Boy," and the made-up bedtime stories that start with, "There once was a little boy named…" are all responded to with an increasingly impatient, "I'm getting BIGGER!"

Indeed he is. The other night he was standing in front of the refrigerator, and when I opened the freezer door I caught myself checking to see that it wasn't going to clock him on the head. There's still clearance, but only a couple of inches.

So, everyone? Meet M. Edium.
When do I get to trade this car seat in for a motorcycle, already?

* * *

I'm just going to come right out and say it: I've been cheating on you with another blog. For money, no less. On days when you come here to see if there's an update and there isn't, try going here instead. I won't guarantee there'll be an entry there either, but the odds are better than here.

Also, it's one of those group blogs, so there are a couple of other dads posting there. If you care enough to check it out, you can probably figure out which one is me.

posted by M. Giant 7:18 PM 6 comments

6 Comments:

I loooovvee the moniker m. edium. it is too funny. i hope you stick with it!

By Blogger Erin_NV, at June 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM  

Hahaha. Awesome. I'm sure you thought of M.Edium long before I suggested it, but I'm still going to brag to all my friends that I nicknamed your kid.

Congratulations on the book!

By Blogger Unknown, at June 20, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

Awesome. When he hits his teens and decides he's too cool to be mentioned on Dad's blog, will you change his name to M. Barrassed or M. Ortified?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 20, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

Lordy, lordy - seems like just yesterday he was M. Tiny.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 20, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

The B&N in Har Mar is pretty big IMO. Plus they have a starbucks inside.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 22, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

I agree, Tessa. It's the biggest B&N I've ever seen.

Heidi

By Blogger Teslagrl, at June 23, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives