M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Wednesday, February 20, 2008  

M. Small has a surprising facility for making unexpected connections. For instance, the weekend before we went to Florida, we all went to my niece Deniece's birthday party, which was at a bowling alley. M. Small got to enjoy for the first time the experience of pushing a four-pound orb of plastic down the lane, and watching excitedly as it bounced slowly between the bumpers and nudged a few bowling pins down several minutes later.

And then the following weekend, we were on the plane to Florida, and he was looking out the window over the wing, full of questions. Why is that wing so long? Because it needs to be, to hold up a big plane. What's that thing under the wing? The engine. What keeps the plane together? Bolts and rivets and welding and glue. Who made this plane? A company called Boeing.

"We went Boeing last week!" he said excitedly.

Well, at least he wasn't calling it "goaling" any more.

* * *

I didn't want to jump the gun on telling you this, but I'm sure I'm allowed now. I'm donating a signed galley of my forthcoming book as one of the Dewey Donation System prizes for donors. So if you donate books or money or whatever to the drive, yo could win said signed galley. You!

Oh, and I'll be the one signing it. Just wanted to make that clear.

posted by M. Giant 4:27 PM 1 comments

1 Comments:

Love him! Can't wait to see him, squeeeeee!

By Blogger Linda, at February 20, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives