M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Thursday, December 13, 2007  

My Two Babies

I just realized something kind of alarming the other day. M. Small is now older than I was when my parents brought my little sister home from the hospital. That's not the alarming part. The alarming part is that I have memories from that time.

Admittedly they are vague memories, mostly centered around wondering why we suddenly had so many jars in the house that had Debitch the Younger's face on them. But the point is clear: I'd figured out how to store stuff on my internal hard drive at that age. It's a safe bet that M. Small has, too.

I shall have to adjust my behavior accordingly.

* * *

Every year around this time, we have an excellent photographer take pictures of M. Small and us for the family Christmas card. The first two years we went to a big store/garden center called Bachman's. This year we went instead to the indoor park M. Small likes to spend evenings at, but he was too distracted and most of the pictures didn't come out. So a week later, he and Trash went back to Bachman's after all.

I'm sorry I missed it, but something about it freaks me out. There's a "Santa's Workshop" area that shows up cute in pictures, but I wish they'd quit it with the shrinking props. Check out this giant lollipop in 2005:

Holy motherfucker, Mom!

And then the obviously smaller lollipop in 2006:

Screw the shrinking lollipop -- watch how small I can make this cookie.

Finally, last week:

You can't see me, can you? Well, two years ago you couldn't have.

Of course there's lots more where that came from. Check out the rest of the photos from the shoot at our Flickr page. If, that is, you can stand the cute. Which you probably can't.

* * *

Oh, and you know how every blogger who gets a book deal has the obligatory entry about how they got an ISBN number, and another entry about the cover, and another entry about how you can now pre-order on Amazon? I'm not doing that. I'm doing it all in one entry. This one.

Pre-order!

0425221555!

13-digit remix: 9780425221556!

Check out page 42, y'all (page 44 of the file -- which reminds me, it's a .pdf).

Okay, glad we got that out of the way.

Actually, now that I think about it, hold off on the pre-ordering for now. I'm thinking that if I can set up a time where all five of you pre-order at once, it might artificially inflate my Amazon ranking just long enough for me to get a screenshot of it. Worth a shot, right?

posted by M. Giant 8:11 PM 6 comments

6 Comments:

Woooooooo! Woooooooo!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 14, 2007 at 2:32 AM  

Ohhhhhh! The cuteness!!! *melting into a puddle of goo* We've noticed from our annual Christmas card pictures that not only do annual photo props shrink, but so does Santa. His lap used to be a vast expanse of red, now it's like "dang, we've got to wedge the kiddo onto a tiny patch of knee..." Weird, huh? Imagine what it will be like when she's thirty...

Congrats on the book ISBN and preordering, etc!! Must we really wait to preorder our copy? Humph. July seems like such a long way off... Will there be a book tour?

By Blogger Heather, at December 14, 2007 at 4:04 AM  

WOW! Congrats M.Giant - I am so getting your book! Oh, and TWOP has a million hits a day?!?! I remember when "discovering" the site 4 years ago and thinking I was uncovering a treasure. *sniff, sniff* How time flies!
Anyway, this (the book) is a great accomplishment, and I can't wait to read it. You know, I could build a library just based on recapper's personal writings, haha!

By Blogger Tami, at December 14, 2007 at 9:15 AM  

The cute is at an almost unbearable level. Seriously, that kid is going to be a looker when he grows up. AND smart. AND with good parents. Some kids have all the luck. :-)

By Blogger kmckee7, at December 14, 2007 at 10:24 AM  

LOL! I love the ever shrinking lollipop. You're going to have to go there for a few more years now, just to continue that theme you have going- that's awesome.

Hee! You need to set the date and time you want us all to pre-order your book.

'I remember when "discovering" the site 4 years ago and thinking I was uncovering a treasure.'

Hee! I remember thinking the same thing in 1999 when I found this site called MightyBigTV. I used to have to explain what is was to people and I got so used to explaining that I still do. Only now people are like, 'uh, duh! I know what TWoP is!' Oh, sorry, youngsters. LOL!

The sad part is that I'm still only up to Video Archivist on the forums! There should be special ranks for long time lurkers. LOL!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 17, 2007 at 8:58 AM  

Whoo! Make that Loyal Viewer! YEAH!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 17, 2007 at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives