M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Saturday, May 12, 2007  

In the Bag

M. Small is kind of a half-assed Thomas the Tank Engine fan. He digs the toys and the accessories, but he's not even a little bit interested in the TV show. I totally agree. I lost any interest I ever had when George Carlin stopped being Mr. Conductor. The toys are kind of fun, but those creepy immobile train-faces with the eyes rolling impotently around inside them give me the wig.

In addition to a few Thomas train sets, he's also got a set of Thomas sheets, which he received for Christmas. He's not in a big-boy bed yet, so he isn't sleeping with them. That's not to say that he hasn't found a use for them nonetheless.

Anyway, here's a picture of me, him, and his favorite pillowcase:



You'll never believe me, but this was totally his idea. Every time he spots this pillowcase he crawls inside, asking, "Could you bag me up?" He likes being carried from room to room this way, but what he likes even more is when I hold the top of the pillowcase and twist it around like a sack of bread. He's a little dizzy here, in the aftermath of one such episode:



And if he ever vomits in there, it would be an easy cleanup. I could just take him into the yard, dump him out, and hose him down.

He'd want the to go on forever, but I'd rather stop before the stitching (read: my arms) gives out. I dangle him over the couch or the love seat whenever possible, but even if he were to drop through to a soft landing, I don't know what I'd tell him the next time he crawled inside saying "could you bag me up?" and wound up coming out the other end.

Still, he doesn't like to stop.



Is he saying, "Do it again, daddy" or "The power of the Dark Side compels you"?

Maybe it's time to promote him to the big-boy bed, if only so that I don't have to do this any more.

posted by M. Giant 7:44 PM 2 comments

2 Comments:

"Step One...you put your kid in a bag..."

By Blogger Linda, at May 13, 2007 at 7:46 PM  

"Step Two... twist the top of that bag..."

By Blogger Febrifuge, at May 19, 2007 at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives