M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Sunday, December 10, 2006  

Ah, blogger clichés. I do try to avoid them, but every once in a while there's one you can't quite get around. I guess that's how they become clichés. Anyway, another one's come around to bite me in the ass. It's time for my book deal announcement.

From Publisher's Marketplace:

Television Without Pity recapper Jeff Alexander's EVERYTHING I NEEDED TO KNOW I LEARNED FROM WATCHING TELEVISION [working title], a humorous look at how TV has changed the way we view topics such as interpersonal relationships, workplace trials, small screen physics, and death, to Shannon Jamieson Vazquez at Berkley, in a nice deal, by Kate Epstein of Epstein Literary Agency (NA).


So that's my excuse for any lengthy lapses in posting that may occur over the next several months. My agent sold my book proposal, and now somebody expects me to sit down and write the book. Is this a nutty business or what?

Oh, and also the fact that Rome is premiering in four weeks, the four-hour premiere of 24 is a week after that, and our home renovation is at a point where we should be able to start moving back upstairs right around mid-January. I think that for my birthday I'll ask for the ability to go for weeks without sleep.

posted by M. Giant 9:01 PM 12 comments

12 Comments:

Hey, I saw this on Publisher's Weekly or someplace like that. Congrats - Trash must be so excited.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 11, 2006 at 8:43 AM  

Wow! Congratulations!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 11, 2006 at 8:46 AM  

Yay! Another item for my Amazon wish list!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 11, 2006 at 8:46 AM  

That's great news! Good luck.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 11, 2006 at 9:15 AM  

Congratulations on the book deal! It sounds like it's going to be fantastic.

By Blogger Dawnie, at December 11, 2006 at 1:04 PM  

Congrats mate, am really pleased for you. Also looking forward to those 24 recaps...

By Blogger Miss Hacksaw, at December 11, 2006 at 2:41 PM  

Have you told us how you met your agent? I would love to hear about how you went about getting a book deal and an agent.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 11, 2006 at 4:55 PM  

Well your wife is spreading the news in her neck of the woods and promising all of us mentions :) so ... start writing! Can't wait to hear you tie in adoption, tv, blogs & those wacky online friends' of M. Giant's into a snappy, humorous package! But we all promised to pre-buy it off Amazon in exchange for the mention!

Jensboys

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 11, 2006 at 9:11 PM  

Tremendous news, my brother. Congrats again! I knew this day would come. And if you need any more house-reconstructing help, just let me know.

Heh heh.

By Blogger Febrifuge, at December 12, 2006 at 10:21 AM  

Congratulatons!

Makes me wonder exactly how nice a deal it has to be to get a "nice deal" designation in Publisher's Marketplace.

By Blogger Dimestore Lipstick, at December 12, 2006 at 1:55 PM  

That's great news, M. Giant - I can't wait to read it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 12, 2006 at 9:32 PM  

Woo hoo! That's really great news. I can't wait to read it!

By Blogger Anonymous Me, at December 15, 2006 at 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives