M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Saturday, January 14, 2006  

Son and Hair

The other day I put M. Small down for a nap in his crib. When I put him in, he was fast asleep. I positioned him on his back, with his head pointing north, in the north end of the crib, and put a blanket on top of him.

When I checked on him a half hour later, he was on his stomach, with his head pointing south, in the south end of the crib, on top of the blanket.

Clearly, somebody is sneaking into my house during my child's naps and flipping him over like a flapjack.

* * *

Trash put off M. Small's first haircut for the longest time. She said we just needed to wait until his first birthday. I waited until then and then brought it up again, but she still wasn't ready, even though he was growing a little baby-mullet, with lengthening blond curls in the back and bangs straight down his forehead. So I backed off. Our Christmas card photos turned out nice:

Watch the D.A. there, you guys

So I backed off. Verbally, at least. I occaionally still did passive-aggressive stuff like messing with his hair before he went to bed so he would wake up looking like this:

Oh the shark has...pretty teeth, dear...

And even when I didn't, his hair started giving him this tiny-little-stoner vibe:

Did you ever really, you know, LOOK at your knuckle-dimples?

He ended up getting his first haircut about six weeks after his first birthday. I always wondered how they got little kids to hold still long enough to do more than run a set of clippers over their scalps. I needn't have worried. M. Small's first haircut coincided with his first experience with a Blue's Clues video. He was riveted for the duration.

If you make me look like that Steve dude, I'm going to bury those scissors in your spleen.

That first haircut was only a month and a half ago, and he's already starting to need another one.

Whoever makes those Baby Einstein videos must be so baked!

I'm keep trying to get Trash to let me get his hair cut like this:

I got my pencil!

But so far, she isn't going for it. I'm thinking it might be too late, anyway. nothing's sadder than somebody wearing a hairstyle that's too young for him.

* * *

Four-cap week starts tomorrow. This is Fox's second annual attempt to kill me by forcing me to recap four hours of 24 in one week. See you on the other side.

* * *

Today's best search phrase: "Who mows the lawn? We do!" Yeah, you tell Google. Lazy, good-for-nothing, no-lawn-mowing search engine.

posted by M. Giant 8:06 PM 8 comments

8 Comments:

That photo in the barber shop is the cutest thing. I'm really not a 'baby person' at all...but your son is PRECIOUS.

By Blogger Tina, at January 15, 2006 at 3:14 AM  

Your son has rock-and-roll hair. Get him a bitty drum set and some little tiny black Chuck Taylors and prepare for greatness.

By Blogger Sarah D. Bunting, at January 15, 2006 at 7:29 AM  

You know, I just have to say it -- Trash has great hair. I would kill for that hair.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 15, 2006 at 7:05 PM  

I don't know about elsewhere, but M. Small's tiny-little-stoner hair is all the rage here in Vancouver. Stick him on a skateboard or a snowboard and he'd fit right in.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 15, 2006 at 10:23 PM  

Beautiful Christmas photo!

By Blogger Anonymous Me, at January 17, 2006 at 9:42 AM  

M. Small is indeed a very cute boy. Perhaps he'd like to marry one of my daughters someday. I have one that's about his age. Just give my matchmaker a call.

I only have one question:

What's a flapjack?

By Blogger Sleepless Mama, at January 18, 2006 at 9:14 AM  

A flapjack is a pancake. Or a hotcake, if you prefer. Or maybe you're being a wise-ass and I don't know it. Regardless, I like the VH similarities.

By Blogger J Money, at January 18, 2006 at 9:21 AM  

Yehhhh!! M. Small photos at last -- wow, is it possible that he is becoming even more adorable!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 24, 2006 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives