M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Wednesday, December 21, 2005  

Thoughts Upon Seeing Children Younger Than My Son Since Two Days After His Birth

October, 2004

Hey, there's another new one. They really crank them out here at the neonatal intensive care unit, don't they?

January, 2005

My boss's kid is cute. Of course I'd like to hold her. Wait, why is she fussing? It's not like I haven't done this before.

April, 2005

Wow, that kid is small She's even younger than M. Tiny. We weren't bringing him out in public this early unless it was absolutely necessary. Then again, he was a preemie and wasn't supposed to leave the house for three months. And it was winter. This baby might not be a preemie. And after all, we are at the pediatric clinic.

May, 2005

Good God, that child is small. And she didn't even come as early as M. Tiny did. No, I don't want to hold her, I'll break her! What do you mean, M. Tiny used to be that small? Smaller, even? How is that possible? How did we never break him?

August, 2005

Hey, that looks like M. Small's stroller, only bigger.

October, 2005

Aw, my coworker's new baby is cute. I hope she doesn't offer to let me hold her. I'm not sure I remember how.

November, 2005

Aw, look at all the little babies here! I just hope they're mature enough to appreciate the experience they're about to have, like my kid is.

December 21, 2005

Is every Minnesotan under eight months of age downtown right now?

December 21, 2005 (later)

Hey, another baby. So little! So helpless! Wearing footie pajamas in the skyway! I used to have one of those. I'm starting to understand what my old coworker meant when she said babies were like crack. Of course, Robin Williams used to say that too, but for different reasons. So don't get any crazy ideas.

December 21, 2005 (later still, upon arriving home and picking up my own son)

Did he grow again today?

posted by M. Giant 8:45 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives