M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Monday, December 19, 2005  

Our water bill is kind of high this month, and Trash blames it on the dripping faucets. She may have a point. M. Small gets his baths in a tub that goes into our bathtub. When none of us is bathing, the tub-within-a-tub is generally stored, well, in the tub. So the other night, after his bath, I dumped his tub out and left it in the tub. My mistake was in allowing the tub-within-a-tub to slide downhill to the lower end of the tub, so that one end of it was right under the dripping faucet.

The tub-within-a-tub doesn't drain, so the next morning, something like a half-cup of water had accumulated in the smaller tub. Trash called me into the bathroom and made me watch her pour it down the drain. "We need to do something about this," she said.

The next morning, I told her, "I took care of it."

Knowing very well of my lack of plumbing acumen, Trash asked, "What did you do?"

"I moved the baby tub out from under the faucet so the water doesn't collect in there."

She wasn't impressed.

* * *

It's the gift-giving season, of course. So when you go to your favorite fast-food restaurant to pick up some gift certificates, don't forget, just for fun, to ask for them "for here."

posted by M. Giant 5:42 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

Heh. I love your solution to the problem.

We also have a leaky faucet and probably are going to have to call in the help. I'm sick of a) wasting water and b) spending extra money!

Happy holidays to you, Trash and M. Small!

By Blogger DeAnn, at December 21, 2005 at 1:07 AM  

Dude -- you should really have that fixed. Do you know how much money you can spend in one month on a leaky faucet? And it does waste a lot of water.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 21, 2005 at 8:15 AM  

Hmm.. have you tried plugging up the leaky faucet with something big and absorbent? Like a diaper maybe - that should work.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 21, 2005 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives