M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Sunday, November 27, 2005  

Summer Hiatus

My last Television Without Pity recap for the first season of HBO's Rome went up yesterday. I've been averaging more than one recap a week since the beginning of the year, which isn't so prolific compared to the output of some other recappers, but it seems like a lot for me because I'm not as talented as they are. Believe me, I'm not complaining. It's a compliment to be asked to cover a show, and I was glad to have an excuse to pay for HBO for the past five months, and recapping's a fun time. It's just a lot of fun time, and after I sent off the last piece to Wing Chun, I got up from my computer and the baby was gone and there was this toddler who looked just like him running around in my house instead.

In any case, I'm all done with recapping for a little while. Most recappers do get a summer hiatus, and this is mine, except it falls during the holiday season. Which is a relief, just because there's so much to do this time of year. There's all the Christmas shopping, wrapping, scheduling, Christmas card-writing, and everything else that goes along with it. So I'm glad that I've been freed up to cheer on Trash as she does all that stuff.

So this means I'll be updating more often, right? No more silences of a week or more? There's no reason to quit spending a couple of hours a night writing just because deadlines and paychecks aren't involved. And where's it all going to go if not here?

Um, yeah, about that.

There's this other project I'm going to be working on for a while now. I can't really say anything about it, except that I'm hoping to have some real progress made by mid-January. Beyond that, it's way too early to give any details. In fact, I've already said too much. There's no mid-January deadline, self-imposed or otherwise. There's no progress. There's no project. In fact, you're not even reading this. Quick, minimize the window; your boss is coming.

So if my updating doesn't get more frequent over the next couple of weeks, it's not because anything is going on. I'll just be hanging out here at home with my family. Maybe I'll teach M. Small to use Blogger so he can start pulling some of his weight around here and I can slack off even more.

Until 24 starts again in January with another grueling, M. Giant-punishing four-hour! Season! Premiere! Event! Yeah, I say that like I'm not looking forward to recapping a show with commercials again.

Today's best search phrase: "I want to see real bubs." Don't we all?

posted by M. Giant 8:26 AM 3 comments

3 Comments:

Quick, minimize the window; your boss is coming.

That was spookily prescient.

By Blogger Essy, at November 28, 2005 at 1:35 AM  

Can we guess what's coming up in Jan.? Will you tell us if we are correct? It's not another kid, is it?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 28, 2005 at 10:51 AM  

Swell recapping. Jolly good and all that....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 28, 2005 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives