M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Saturday, November 12, 2005  

Overheard

At the Albertville Outlet Mall, on the way into the Bombay Company store

He: Have I ever told you that if you ever leave me and I have to get my own place and all new furniture, I'm buying it all here?

She: Do know what is so wrong about that?

He: [Expecting an offended speech about how we should never even say things like that] What?

She: So am I.

* * *

In the living room

She: Why do you have his noisiest toys all gathered in front of you like that?

He: No reason.

She: You're not going to make them all go at the same time.

He: How do you know?

She: Please don't.

He: Why, do you have a headache?

She: I will.

He: But it's for the boy. He'll love it.

She: He's way over there. He doesn't care.

He: It's for science?

She: It's for when I'm not here.

* * *

Right before bedtime

Child: [Hops excitedly up and down in his crib right before bedtime]

He: [Hops excitedly up and down right back at child]

She: One of you is supposed to be the adult here.

He: I think that's a lot of pressure to put on him.

* * *

Also in the living room

She: I thought he really liked apples.

He: Doesn't he?

She: [Slicing off a chunk of apple] Not as much as I thought. The other day I was giving him pieces of apple and he'd walk away and then come right back for more, and I was thinking, Wow, he really likes apples.

He: Well, that's great.

She: [Handing a chunk of apple to child]

Child: [Takes chunk of apple, walks around behind his ball pit, crouches down, and drops apple down heat register.]

He: [Laughs hysterically]

Child: [Returns for more.]

She: Who showed you how to do that?

Child: Cat!

She: You suppose the cats could teach him how to use the litter box, too?

* * *

Today's best search phrase: "Prevent of throwing silverware in garbage." We hardly ever throw silverware in the garbage. Some slips down the garbage disposal, sure, but it always gets fished out. The bigger danger in our household is when we go camping, and wash the dishes in a Tupperware bin after dinner. The water gets a little dingy and sudsy (not to say opaque), and it's usually getting dark anyway, so it's not always easy to see whether we're done or not. So there are probably any number of our camping utensils scattered in woods throughout the Midwest. Except that one time, when the water got thrown out before we remembered to do any of the silverware, so the jangling of all of our knives and forks hitting the tree kind of gave it away.

posted by M. Giant 8:15 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

I'm so happy for you and your family... good people who deserve each other.

And dude: Your house smells like APPLES.

By Blogger timbrat, at November 13, 2005 at 11:12 AM  

My son Trey takes small snack foods like chips or crackers and hides them in this cube he has that opens up. Then later he will surprise us by suddenly having something to eat that we didn't give to him. I guess I should feel lucky that his space isn't in the heating vent.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 14, 2005 at 7:24 AM  

I suggest sprinkling a little cinnamon in your heating grates - the whole house will smell like apple pie.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 17, 2005 at 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives