M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Monday, October 24, 2005  

On my way home from work the other night, I was behind a car with a bumper sticker I couldn't read all of. All I knew for sure was that the last line consisted of these words in big red letters: "SIN CONDUCTOR."

I was like, "Wow, a Sin Conductor? That guy's a Sin Conductor? That's so cool! I want to be a Sin Conductor!" I had to know more. But I couldn't make sense of it from a safe follwing distance. At the next red light, I pulled in close, looking for more clues, or at least a phone number.

Alas, the sticker wasn't in English. Those of you who live and drive in cities with a larger Spanish-speaking populations than the one boasted by Minneapolis have already figured out that I was looking at the Spanish version of one of those bumper stickers that say, "In case of Rapture, this car will be without a driver." Which means that stickers with the Spanish version of "In case of Rapture, can I have your car?" can't be far behind.

At first I was disappointed that there's no such thing as a Sin Conductor, at least not in English. But then I realized that that means I can invent my own meaning and become a self-styled Sin Conductor with a minimum of effort! Go me!

Oh, wait. I'm married and have a kid. That won't work. Never mind. Anyone else, feel free.

posted by M. Giant 4:50 PM 5 comments

5 Comments:

One of my husband's friends has personalized license plates that say "SINNER" which I've always felt was a pretty bold move for someone living in the Bible Belt.

I may have to see what my band would think about "Sin Conductor" as a band name...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 24, 2005 at 6:46 PM  

And would the sin conductor use a baton, or just his/her hands? Would he/she be made of metal? Would he/she take tickets on the train? So many possibilities for you...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 25, 2005 at 6:30 AM  

Chao beat me to it. I was going to say "I call out the stops on the Sin Train," but since TeslaGrrl reads this I should probably stick with "sin passes right through me, without affecting my own molecular composition in any way."

Actually, screw it, somebody else be the Sin Conductor. I'm gettin' too old for this.

By Blogger Febrifuge, at October 25, 2005 at 9:48 AM  

Dudes. I'm working on it.
xolawre

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 25, 2005 at 2:38 PM  

Is spamming someones comments conducting a sin of some sort..?

By Blogger CanadaDave, at October 26, 2005 at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives