M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Wednesday, February 23, 2005  

Humpblog (2/23/05)

Let's see if I remember how to do one of these things…

The posting's been dropping off a little lately, what with the 24 recaps and nine or ten other freelance writing projects on top of that. Aside from my day job, which, damn. And I'm pretty sure there's still a baby around here somewhere.
I am finishing up a few writing projects, though, so things should pick up here again soon. Or they might not. You'll just have to check in every day to see.

* * *

Courtesy of Zen Viking, take a look at Gizoogle. It's certainly worth investigating, particularly for those among you who possess a certain linguistic affinity. It's difficult to do it justice in this space, but I will say that as an informal exploration of non-normative grammatical texture, syntax, and phonemes, particularly with regard to a specific phylum of contemporary urban vernacular, it's quite meritorious.

Bitches.

* * *

Speaking of bitches, check out this clown, from the Star Tribune:

Cecchini, 33, who once was sentenced to three years and seven months in prison for a stabbing years ago, said he has standards for the people with whom he does business, such as being truthful and refraining from drug use.

"And, unfortunately," he added, "you have to be white."


My, that is unfortunate, isn't it? It's out of his control, you see. His hands are tied. He can only do business with us white folks.

See, this guy used to run a white supremacist record company (you heard me) was in business with a partner who got arrested on drug charges. But the real tragedy, you see, is that his partner got busted on drug charges. And then turned out to be half-Mexican.

"What kind of person would I be if I let that stuff slide in order to make a profit?" he asked.

What kind, indeed, Mr. Cecchini? What kind of person, indeed?

* * *

More coming in the next few weeks, including stuff about M. Tiny's developmental progress, my current downtown parking situation, and the process of helping Trash's brother and sister-in-law move to the neighborhood with Deniece (who is very excited about living as she puts it, "in Minnneapolis, with the PoopSMITH!"). Not that that last thing has happened yet, but I'm sure something interesting will happen in the course of the upcoming weekend. It's our first road trip with the kid, you see.

Something tells me we might end up giving new meaning to the term "rest area."

Today's best search phrase: "Need a sentence using the word malaise." Okay. "Hey, get your own bag of potato ships and keep your grubby hands off malaise!" You're welcome.

posted by M. Giant 9:29 PM 4 comments

4 Comments:

Oh my word, Gizoogle. Have you done your own site? Hysterical.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 23, 2005 at 10:54 PM  

That's nice. So he has no problem recording neo-nazi hate music, but he won't work with drug dealers. At least he has standards.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 24, 2005 at 7:03 AM  

Yeah, I have to say that the Shizzolator rawks. A friend showed it to me a few years ago. Try entering http://www.savethechildren.org/
I like how it translates 'children' to 'shorties'.

Heidi aka Teslagrl aka Geekspice

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2005 at 7:40 AM  

I'm with drunkkitty. Tha Shizzolator is the best. I sometimes shizzolate every site I can imagine just for kicks.

By Blogger DeAnn, at February 28, 2005 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives