M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Wednesday, November 24, 2004  

Humpblog (11/24/04)

I'm ambivalent. I get to see my name on movie theater marquees this week. And yet, it's for a film that by most accounts is total shite.

I'm just glad that M. Tiny is too young to understand. And also too young to free me up to actually go and see it.

* * *

Hey, have you heard of this band called Keane? You’ll never guess what I heard about them. I heard they don’t have guitars. Have you heard that?

* * *

Trash and I are both overdue for haircuts and I don’t know when either of us is going to have a chance to get one. I’m trying to convince her to just let me buzz my
entire head with my old beard-trimmer, but she’s not going for it so far. Any suggestions as to how to win her over are welcome.

Aside from offering to let her do the same thing, of course. Tried it. Didn’t work.

* * *

Speaking of bands that don’t have things, I once heard Chris Isaak tell a story on VH-1 or something about how he went to audition for a band and they didn’t have a bass player.

“No bass player?” he said. “What kind of rinky-dink outfit is this?”

The band members explained that the lack of a bass player was intentional. Part of the concept. The bass would be provided by the keyboards. Chris Isaak says he left the audition in disgust, and never heard of that band again until they hit the charts as the Doors.

I’m pretty sure Chris Isaak was making that story up.

* * *

Big plans for Thanksgiving? Not us. We have small plans, thanks to a small human. Since M. Tiny’s official due date is still several days off, his immune system isn’t up for big gatherings. So there’ll be a very small gathering at my parents' house, and another very small gathering at Trash’s sister’s house.

Poor kid's never been around more than five or six people at one time. He's going to think that's all the people there are. "I must have met everyone by now, right? Is that everyone? Okay, then."

* * *

Today's best search phrase: "Show me a food web and what is going to hapen to it if we remove a pests." No. No, I don't believe I will. Good day to you, sir.

posted by M. Giant 4:56 PM 5 comments

5 Comments:

Apparently drums, vocals and piano are ENOUGH, if you are my 15-year-old daughter reading over my shoulder. Keane is evidently the coolest thing around, and who cares about guitars, anyway? M.Tiny will (too soon) educate M.Giant and Trash about current events, pop culture and how old (and uninformed) you really are...they grow up so fast!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 24, 2004 at 7:34 PM  

I just wanted to pop in and wish the two Giants and the one tiny a very happy turkey day. Thank you for sharing your lives with all of us.
~Moxiemoron

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2004 at 10:16 AM  

Ben Folds Five Redux ... only not as rockin'

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2004 at 1:35 PM  

try telling her that your head will be all fuzzy and it's nice to pet. like a cat, but not.

-rozie
www.livejournal.com/users/vinkint

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2004 at 1:36 PM  

A few responses:

The paper in your area liked it. Although that headline? OVERPLAYED!

***

Here is Keane's Web site.

***

Tell her that it will grow back. Because it will. And she might not even notice because she'll be so focused on M. Tiny!

***

I think Chris Isaak is totally lying. Isn't he too young? Or am I under-guessing on his age?

***

Thanksgiving? I'm working. And I ate pre-working food with my family. Very small plans here, too.

***

Is it weird they arrive at your site, misspellings and all? Because I KNOW you don't spell stuff wrong!

By Blogger DeAnn, at November 25, 2004 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives