M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Saturday, October 30, 2004  

Welcome Home

Trash and I had plans today. We were going to spend a little time reading the instruction manuals on the various pieces of baby equipment we've received in the past few weeks. We'd practice getting the baby seat in and out of the car. We'd learn how to use the diaper disposal system, a sleek plastic cylinder that apparently contains a singularity or something. Maybe I'd finish my substitute Gilmore Girls recap for TWoP. There was a chance M. Tiny was going home from the hospital as soon as Wednesday, and we wanted to take a day to get ready. You know, just in case. He's been early before, after all.

We were at the hospital for about five minutes when we got the news that he was going home today.

Cue the mad dashing around, packing up three weeks' accumulated detritus from the hospital room, the food from the fridge in the family lounge, a quick parenting class that didn't last too long by virtue of us having learned all of it during the past two and a half weeks, and we walked out of the NICU with our new son. Out of the hospital, out of St. Paul, and into his new home.

So I don't really have time to post a full-length entry today. I will though. Maybe when he goes off to school.

posted by M. Giant 4:21 PM 13 comments

13 Comments:

Ok! Take a big cleansing breath now - You can do this! Oh, what an exciting time you are embarking upon. Best of luck to you three and don't worry about us - we'll just hang out and wait for whatever crumbs you can throw our way.

Kel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 30, 2004 at 5:04 PM  

Oh. My. GAWD. I'm so excited for you - and for Trash - and for M.Tiny - and I only know you from reading! I'm all teary just thinking about how supremely blessed that boy is going to be in his new home. Every good wish ...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 30, 2004 at 7:23 PM  

Congrats! I'd start saving for college now. The way this parenting thing is going, he may very well start rapidly skipping grades and end up in college in about seven years. :-) Have fun!!

-Jandyle

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 30, 2004 at 8:42 PM  

congrats!
he's home just in time for halloween! cue the costume!

By Blogger Elizabeth, at October 30, 2004 at 8:46 PM  

That is awesome, I am really happy for you. Congratulations.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 31, 2004 at 1:56 AM  

The internet is such a strange place. I don't know you at all beyond the written word, will likely never meet you in the flesh, and yet, I am insanely happy for you, so much that I squealed when I saw the news.

Congratulations and good luck!

By Blogger Jenn, at October 31, 2004 at 8:38 AM  

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all, and your family will have a lovely Halloween!

By Blogger J-Bird, at October 31, 2004 at 9:06 AM  

OMG! Congratulations! Nothing like everything happening at once, huh?

Lots of good thoughts coming your way!

Becka
Something's Gotta Give

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 31, 2004 at 10:30 AM  

I'm so very excited for you guys. I'm excited to read all about your adventures in parenting!! But I completely understand if your posting is less frequent. I hope you have time to read those manuals now. Yeah, right!

By Blogger DeAnn, at October 31, 2004 at 11:24 AM  

Yay yay yay yay!!! Congratulations on your new boss!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 1, 2004 at 6:48 AM  

You're in for a whirlwind ride! I'm here to tell you that it gets better - my first baby was a 33 week-er. Stayed in the NICU for 10 days - seemed like so much longer at the time!

She's now a beautiful and healthy 4 year old. No ill effects of the prematurity.

We've been through all of the same things - apnea, billi lights, chaging a baby's diaper through those tiny incubator holes....enjoy the ride, and congratulations, poppa.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 1, 2004 at 7:10 AM  

Is it creepy or heartwarming that so many people who don't know you are cheering for y'all? Add me to that list anyway. Go M. Tiny!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 1, 2004 at 11:49 AM  

I did early voting last week, and I'm sick sick sick of politics.

So I'm commenting here, and adding to the general hullaballo for pics of M.Tiny in his new natural habitat. :-)

Jennifer

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 1, 2004 at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives