M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Wednesday, February 11, 2004  

Humpblog (2/11/04)

Will you be my wife's friend? She needs it for work.

She's researching networking sites at her job, and one of the ones she's trying to look into is orkut. Of course, one can't get into orkut unless an orkut member invites one. Which makes me a little curious about who the first member was, in a "did Adam and Eve have navels" kind of way, but never mind. The point is my wife needs friends! For her career! Who among you is there for her?

Her e-mail address is llexuus@yahoo.com, by the way.

UPDATE: Taken care of. Thanks.

* * *

I have this garment in my closet, and until yesterday I wasn't sure what it was. It was too thin to be a sweater, yet too heavy to be a long-sleeved T-shirt. Its mysterious nature had prevented me from wearing it up until now. But I like the color, so I put it on under my button-down.

It wasn't until I was stuck at work for the day with the material against my skin that I realized: sweater.

Itchy.

* * *

Check it out! New feature!

The band I'm in has a couple of gigs coming up. I'm going to keep info on our future gigs posted over there to the right. Of course, there will be long periods where it says TBA, or contains dates that are in the past, because I'm really bad about updating my template (as demonstrated by the months it took me to get around to updating the little DHAK graphic).

Did you know Trash used to think that TBA was the busiest band in the Twin Cities? Sometimes they'd be playing two or three bard a night!

Doesn't that make you want to be her friend?

* * *

The mayor of a large southern city called me this morning. That's a first. Mayors of large southern cities never used to call me.

This job rules.

* * *

There's a weblog called The Truth Laid Bear, which, in addition to being a weblog, ranks other weblogs two ways: by traffic and number of links. I'm way higher on one of those lists than I am on the other.

Anyway, if you have a blog or journal or website and you're curious how it might stack up against thousands of others, you can register over there and it'll rank you. Go check it out.

And I'm not just saying that to get people who link to me to sign up so I get credit for you. I would never do something that tacky. You're perfectly welcome to sign up and then link to me. It's entirely up to you.

* * *

Today's best search phrase: "What happens to a nail when you drop it in Sunkist soda." Finally, a question I can help someone with. In the spirit of scientific inquiry and healthy curiosity, I set up an experiment to discover exactly what does happen when you drop a nail into Sunkist soda.

Are you ready? You're not going to believe this. I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, and I suggest you go out and bay a barrel of nails and a keg of Sunkist to liven up your next social gathering, because what happens when you drop a nail in Sunkist soda simply beggars the imagination.

Are you ready? Seriously, are you ready?

You don’t look ready to me. Get ready, dammit. Everyone's waiting for you.

Okay. Here's what happens when you drop a nail in Sunkist soda:

It sinks.

posted by M. Giant 4:36 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives