M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Wednesday, October 29, 2003  

Blogger for a Day

Not to get all meta on you here—after all, I’m not a big fan of sites that write mainly about the site—but I was having kind of an identity crisis about this site up until a couple of weeks before JournalCon. Is it a blog? Is it a journal? On the one hand, it’s got that big orange B on it and the word “blog” right there in the URL. On the other hand, if it’s a blog, why is it so damn long-winded?

So then when the JournalCon committee (rock stars, every last one of them) asked me to be on the panel entitled “RAW is WAR: Blogs vs. Journals,” I jumped at the chance. If nothing else, several dozen people would be on hand to answer my question for me. I looked into printing up ballots to pass around and everything.

Luckily for them, it didn’t come to that. I finally resolved the question by deciding that Velcrometer is a journal trapped in the body of a blog. And nobody has seen fit to disagree with me. As Ryan pointed out at the panel, “You are not your URL.” Which also makes me feel better about not having gotten around to registering www.thecoolestguyintheworld.com yet.

So I’m not calling this a blog any more. I don’t have any snooty reasons for it, and I’m not sensitive about it, and you can call it whatever you want and I won’t correct you, but I’m done calling myself a blogger. I don’t have the energy for that kind of activity.

Having that all squared away, I’m going to now do the only sensible thing and see if I can blog for a day. Gotta have some confusion around here, after all. If nothing else, it proves that blogging is work too. Unless I’m the one doing it, in which case it may simply be screwing around.

* * *

There’s this new show called Joe Average, in which a hot babe hooks up with some shlubby guy. Like I don’t already get that at home.

The login page at Hotmail was telling me “Movie villain Jack Elam dies” every day for about a week. How many times does the poor bastard have to kick, anyway? Was his last role Rasputin or something?

My boss made The Morning News last week. Scroll down to “Scene 8.” I was there that day, and I can tell you it wasn’t pretty. Link via CorpKitten.

Anybody know anything about Charlottesville, Virginia that I can’t learn on the Internet? Help me out. Not that there’s anything in it for you. I still owe B. Diddy a mouse pad, that’s how lazy I am.

My fortune cookie today says: “Boys will be boys. So will a lot of middle-aged men.”

* * *

Dude, this is hard. I’m stopping now. In the next entry, we’ll be returning to our regularly scheduled program of making shit up.

Today’s best search phrase There’s been a disturbing theme emerging the past few days: “Ty Pennington smoking.” “Amy Wynn nipple.” “Paige Davis naked.” “Paige Davis accident.” Combined, these searches carry some kind of message, but I can’t seem to divine what it might be.

posted by M. Giant 4:46 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives