M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Friday, July 25, 2003  

BYE BYE

Trash was talking to her sister-in-law yesterday, and she had a brief phone conversation with our 1½-year-old niece Deniece.

“Hello, Deniece!”

“HI.”

“Do you know who this is?”

“YEH.”

“This is your Auntie Trash.”

“[Random assortment of tortured vowels and elongated consonants that is Deniece’s version of Trash’s name]

“That’s right!”

“M.!”

“Yes, I’m married to M.”

“M.!”

“Would you like us to come down and visit you soon?”

“M.!”

“Okay, but—”

“BYE BYE.” Clunk.

Naturally, Trash found this hilarious.

Nobody can deliver a dis and get away with it quite like a toddler. People tend to miss the innocence and carelessness of childhood, but not me. What you just saw above? That’s what I miss. If I could get away with putting people down like that, I’d never leave the office.

* * *

Today’s best search request: “trash’s ruining environment.” Oh, she is not. She recycles and everything.

posted by M. Giant 3:19 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives