M. Giant's
Velcrometer
Throwing stuff at the internet to see what sticks


Wednesday, April 10, 2002  

At the risk of turning this into "M. Giant's Incompetent Amateur Home Improvement Corner," here's another entry in "M. Giant's Incompetent Amateur Home Improvement Corner."

Yesterday I forgot to include an update on my fourth project for the weekend, which was to finish prepping the second bedroom to be painted. That was another project I didn't have a chance to get to since the kitchen floor ate my weekend. Last night I spent some time working in there and I think it's just about ready for us to so some major damage. I did some more sanding and smoothed on another layer of drywall compound. Unlike the other rooms we've painted, I want to take the time to do this one right. I don't want to get to the painting and find myself trying to cover up imperfections in the walls with an extra saturated paint roller. No, this time I'm going to make sure that the walls are as smooth as a mirror before anyone even opens a paint can. So I've spent hours working toward that end.

Then I realized that this is the first room in our house to be sponge-painted, a technique that is ideal for concealing wall imperfections. Oops.

Oh, well. Achieving the perfect wall is a good exercise, I'm sure. It'll come in handy when I do the study. That's the room where I've used about five pounds of drywall compund to patch a gaping, jagged hole in the wall that used to go all the way outside. I'm getting good with this stuff. I swear, it's getting to the point where I could use it to patch up the hole in the Titanic if it wasn't underwater.

I did accomplish something useful in the second bedroom last night, though: I painted the ceiling. A phrase which, amusingly, happens to be my favorite obscure euphemism for masturbation. There's probably some way that I could draw a connection between that fact and all the time I spent trying to get the walls just right, but I can't for the life of me imagine how to go about it. Maybe it'll come to me later.

posted by M. Giant 2:16 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Listed on BlogShares www.blogwise.com
ads!
buy my books!
professional representation
Follow me on Twitter
donate!
ads
Pictures
notify
links
loot
mobile
other stuff i
wrote
about
archives